Assigning color to tracks when viewing/editing multiple tracks

rwdillon

Logician
One of the few things that DP does better than Logic IMO is that it assigns different colors to each part when viewing multiple tracks in the piano roll. This makes it easy to track parts as you change alignments.

Using color to display velocity is wonderful and I use it a lot. I just wish that there was a way to assign colors to tracks as needed.

Good news, there is! See the attached screen shot. You can view region colors in the Piano Roll editor. So, whatever color your regions have in the Arrange Window, will be reflected in the note colors in the Piano Roll Editor when viewing multiple regions simultaneously.

Attachments

• Region Colors.png
    Region Colors.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 195
Eli to the rescue once again! Congrats btw on the new vids at groove3.com.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Dave. I'm excited about both of them. Jazz is a subject very close to my heart. And the Omnisphere videos were a ball to do!

This isn't working for me, at least consistently. I have one project that will only load one region into the piano roll. To test I made a new project of 2 tracks with different regions and those regions load as expected - one, the other or both. I go back to the first project and still it will only load one region.

Is there some setting that limits the piano roll in this way? I've been looking and looking. It's really slowing me down to spend an hour researching this (these) things and I lose track of what I was trying to do. Plus, then I can't do what I wanted (align stuff).

Something's weird...

This normally just works. Something is weird. Could be a corrupt project. This should work regardless of link color in piano roll editor.

Back