Logic Pro (X) Assigning Instruments to mono output

SneakyT

Logician
Has anyone else noticed that you are no longer allowed to assign an instrument to a mono output? You can of course still assign it to a bus then send that out to a mono output. Why on earth would they take that functionality away? I mix outside of the box and use it all of the time. I also am having to re-assign outputs from audio tracks on projects that were created in logic 9 when I open them in X. Real pain.

Yes you can. Mono outputs are available under the Mono menu.

mono.jpg

Upvote 0
Klopfgeist channel will allow mono outputs. Another weird glitch is that it refuses to save my settings on Klopfgeist channel assignment. It keeps defaulting back to stereo output when I re-open the file. It's starting to piss me off.

Upvote 0
Ok if I open up a pre-made template like the electronic template it works. But if I try to add another track it's the same thing. There must be something some option that is not getting turned on.

Upvote 0
Tried it on the secondary machine and it is doing the same thing. If I open an old Autoload through "open template" it will allow mono outputs. If I add a new track through "new track" dialog it will not. If I double click below the current tracks it will add a new track that will allow it but has weird channel strip settings (with sends to un-populated auxes etc). If I open the autoload normally, not through "open template", it's right back to not working. This is repeatable on both machines. Am I the only one with this issue?

Upvote 0
Using the EFM-1 as an example, I only have stereo and surround output choices. I started with the blank template.

However, 2clk in the track list gives me a new track and when I instantiate the EFM-1 there, I can do mono.....

Doing the same using the + sign, I have no mono again......

Upvote 0
Odd. I can reproduce this now. Mono outputs aren't accessible on new tracks, but if I duplicate the track I already have in my template, I can successfully route it to a mono output. Another thing: If I create a new instrument track (that can't access mono outputs), then I make a new audio track, ctrl-click > Reassign to the new instrument object, I can then access the mono outputs. So it's a workaround until this bug gets quashed.

EDIT: This IS wonky. I can't reproduce this workaround consistently. There's something going on behind the scenes with channel strip objects that's messing this up.

Upvote 0
found a solution

i know - old thead, but after having the same problem yesterday I found a solution.

I´m having 2 mono channels routed to mono outs (1 : Bass 2 : Bassdrum) the mixer section shows only 1 stereo out,bass was left, BD was right. Bad.

Now I went to the environment and switched the stereo out to mono.
Result : only the bass appeared in the mixer, the BD was still audible but no visible channel....bad

Now I assigned BD to out1 and then again back to out2 : in environment now there is a second blank channel (without meter and controls) next to channel 1.
If you switch now between mono and stereo in environment, a second mono channel appears instead of the blank channel.

IMPORTANT : make sure there are no other channels (click, prelisten...) routed to channel 1 and 2 as stereo. check all outputs in environment
otherwise this won´t work.

Upvote 0
Back