audio output with external monitor

dawsonabd123

ok so a problem I've been having with my new display monitor is that when I plug it into the usb port (using displayport to usb-c) on my 2017 MacBook Pro, it will automatically change the output to the display monitor. this isn't a MASSIVE problem its just really frustrating. there aren't any drivers out there for my specific monitor. that was the first thing I thought of to control this. I was wondering if anyone knows how to set a DEFAULT audio output? or perhaps RESTRICT the Mac from using the DisplayPort for audio? any other info on this is greatly appreciated, changing output preferences in logic or in general is just very annoying every singe time.

thanks!!!
-Dawson

fuzzfilth

Logician
If you plug in the Monitor, Logic will ask you if it should use that port for audio, which you can deny, and it won't ask or try anymore. If you've allowed this once for some reason, you can change that in Preferences>General>Notifications.

dawsonabd123

ok thank you. it didn't work at first, but then in audio preferences I deselected core audio, and that has fixed the problem. do you know if this change will this effect any audio quality or cause any problems?