Logic Studio apps audio to midi utility - reviews please

logicquest

I am very interested in knowing how well the "Audio to Score" utility works. How "non-legato" does a vocal line have to be in order to convert accurately to midi?

Thanks for any feedback.

How "non-legato" does a vocal line have to be in order to convert accurately to midi?
What for? Triggering a synth? How accurate? If you expect to hear the synth singing like a voice, this will not happen. You know, vocals have pitch modulation and vibrato, depending on the singer.

People had good results with monophonic lines from instruments but best results with clearly defined percussive tracks. Correction after conversion is standard in almost all cases.

If you need this as accurate as possible, you may consider Melodyne. Not cheap but good.

Maybe you want to try the Widisoft Audio-to-MIDI plugin. It works in realtime but it does not deliver velocity. There is also a standalone MIDI recognition system, I don't know this one.

I'll give another thumbs up to Peter's suggestion of Melodyne. It's audio to midi conversion is significantly better than Logic's.

Back