Logic Pro X Audio Track I/O issues

BigQStudios

Logician
Hello all, I'm using Logic Pro X 10.2.4 in my iMac (mid 2011 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB DDR3 Ram and using a Behringer X-32 Compact as my interface. The Behringer board and iMac are paired up and work well together. My software Logic Pro X (10.2.4) came installed on my machine and works fine otherwise, except for when I record audio tracks. My guitar signal comes in through an Axe Fx II XL single output to channel 1 on the Behringer board then USB to the iMac. In my session I have previously recorded and edited some drum tracks and a software instrument track. These MIDI tracks play back fine. OK, select track, record enable and input monitoring set, track input set to Ch01 on the Behringer. Up to now I can hear the Guitar through the stereo outs. All looks and sounds great. When I hit the Record button my selected track records audio from what sounds like an external source? I hear my click and the previously recorded MIDI tracks ie: drums and a synth but NO guitar sound was recorded and No sound was heard during recording. The recorded audio sounds like either the computer or the board recorded from an external mic but this can't be, I should be able to hear my pick slapping the strings. I'm within inches of both mic sources and no string talk or slapping was recorded? Only the sound of the click and previously recorded tracks can be heard. I'm a former Pro Tools guy and am new to Logic Pro. I hope the description of my issue is accurate enough for a quick and easy solution. Although fairly seasoned, I so feel like a new guy. Thanks for taking the time, Mike.

BigQStudios

Logician
Hello people, I'd like to update my issues as they have been evolving with ideas from the kind people here. So, I am now able to record audio and listen back. One issue was in my computers sound card where the interface automatically showed up in the input tab but has to be selected by you. Default out is always the jack on the back. Every time I turn on the board I must physically open the app and select my X-USB out. The only issue I have remaining is hearing the click while recording but I should find the answer here. Thanks..

Upvote 0

fuzzfilth

Logician
Actually it's a bit different:
When you open a project, Logic tries to switch to the audio device that was active last time the project was saved. If that device is not available (because it is not connected or switched off), Logic shows a warning "Device X is not available, Y will be used instead". As a consequence, that arbitrarily selected device will be shown in parentheses in Preferences>Audio>Driver and, much more obvious, no Input buttons will appear on audio tracks even if their display is activated. Should that missing device become available somehow (because you switched it on), Logic will switch to it and reload the project (you can disable that in the "Switch to this device? - Always - Never"-popup that appears the first time this happens). I haven't tried to find out which device is saved when you save a project with a temporary device.

Upvote 0