Logic Pro (X) AUNetSend/Recv

kknyc

Logician
HI Im trying to understand the AUNetSend/Recv plugins. From old info (<2016) on web it appears to be a way to send /recv over LAN/WAN. is this still possible in 2020 with LPX 10.4? Can anyone help to enlighten me or point me in the right direction? Many thanks!

Last edited:
Yep, it still works.

I run Logic Pro 10.6.1 on macOS 10.15. Select the AUNetSend Plugin on an Audio FX Slot. Open the GUI to write down the Port number it sending over the network.
I run logic 10.4.3 on macOS 10.13. I select an Instrument Channel Strip, Load the AUNetReceive plugin on the Instrument slot. open the GUI. In the DIrectory table, click the plus button and enter the Port Number that you wrote down. Click ok and that Track receives audio over the network from the other Logic. Extremely low latency

Hope that helps,

Upvote 0
HI Edgar,
Thank you, yes that does help! (I had no idea how to use the AUNetRcv. theres NO info out there about it) I'd like to use this over WAN (and again from internet posts I see ppl stating it will AND it wont work.) Appreciate any guidance.

And in general, where can one find the OEM information of all these complexities? My Logic help file is ALWAYS nearly "empty" with all but the most basic of answers. LUG and LPH forums have been my main sources (Along with Nahmani's LPX Training Series book and my old Apple LP7 ref Manuals). Edit: And now your Video tutorials :) Wonderful!!

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 6.28.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 6.30.44 PM.png

thanks Again, happy holiday!
K

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back