Logic Pro 8 Automating Pitch Correction

Zombre

Logician
OK, So I have a vocal track in Logic, and it's pitchy as hell. It is what it is. Just having the plugin in there and setting it to a key is still not quite giving me the results I want. Now I have Melodyne, but I want to learn how to use Logic's native plugins. Any ideas which parameter will allow me to modify the 'note' that the person's singing falls on?

Thanks in advance, dudes!

Ok, so messing with the automation line has gotten me able to set the note, but I'm still a bit baffled as to how to change the next note. It seems that the nodes in the line are either on or off...

Any ideas...?

Upvote 0
Hmmmn. I wonder if it would be as easy as having The pitch correction plugin enabled, then having the 'tuner' plugin to meter where it's at. Then use the 'detune' parameter in the automation timeline. I suppose one might have to select a small region, loop and zoom to make sure it's where you want it, but, hey... all good, right?

lol Any thoughts or am I completely insane... If someone has an easier way, lemme know!

Upvote 0
I think you're giving yourself an unnecessary hard time :)
Give up and let Melodyne do the job for you!

I've just done a humungously out of time track ( audio: 4 horns, 5 voices, bass) and brought it all to sweetness with Melodyne, my beloved time AND pitch wizard. There ain;t anything like it AFAIK.

pete

Upvote 0
Hmmmn. I wonder if it would be as easy as having The pitch correction plugin enabled, then having the 'tuner' plugin to meter where it's at. Then use the 'detune' parameter in the automation timeline. I suppose one might have to select a small region, loop and zoom to make sure it's where you want it, but, hey...
Sounds interesting and quite adventurous :)
But no, you take the Pitch Correction plugin, select the scale the singer should be in and try. If you feel things go better, you have a chance. You can enable/disable certain notes and change the reaction time and both via automation. But thats about all. The native Pitch Correction is a nice helper but not comparable to Melodyne or Autotune.

Upvote 0
OK, So I have a vocal track in Logic, and it's pitchy as hell. It is what it is. Just having the plugin in there and setting it to a key is still not quite giving me the results I want. Now I have Melodyne, but I want to learn how to use Logic's native plugins. Any ideas which parameter will allow me to modify the 'note' that the person's singing falls on?!

Melodyne is much better than Logic's built-in Pitch Correction plugin.

Upvote 0
Dudes: Thanks so much for your replies. Yep, Melodyne is the bomb. I was hoping to do things within Logic, as it's kind of a pain in the ass to transfer the track, but the results are worth it.

After a day of really fighting with Logic's pitch correction, I think I'll just use it as intended; a 'light' fixerupper on tracks that are slightly out, or as a Tpayne/Cher type effect.

Thanks again for the replies, dudes. lol I pretty much figured it out for myself, but it's always cool to have some moral support to lend credence to my discoveries...

On to other things, lol!

Upvote 0
Dudes: Thanks so much for your replies. Yep, Melodyne is the bomb. I was hoping to do things within Logic, as it's kind of a pain in the ass to transfer the track, but the results are worth it.

Hey Zombre, no need to transfer anything:

http://www.celemony.com/cms/index.php?id=products_plugin

One still has to perform the transfer even with the plug-in. Note the "Transfer" button!

That's why native pitch automation (i.e. track-based "Melodyne" functionality) would still be my #1 feature request for Logic.

mk3

Upvote 0
Back