Logic Pro (X) Basic Tutorial in LX?

stdavidsday

Logician
Can anyone recommend a good overview tutorial for LX? I've been using Express 9 for a few years and the switch to LX is not at all a slam dunk for this dinosaur. I've checked out the Macprovideo tutorial "What's in in Logic X" but it makes a zillion assumptions and I need something more simple. Thanks!

A few different thoughts here. First, there is always the manual. This is available through help within Logic. The PDF is also available from Apple and can easily be put in to an iPad etc. There are lots of different videos already available on YouTube. Mac Pro Video has other videos available other than the introduction. Groove 3 will be releasing some additional videos in the near future. I just saw that the Kindle store has Logic Pro X from 0 to 60 sounds per hour, available for download sale. I'm assuming you can download now and it's not a pre-order, but I can't be sure. I also expect that Apple will release its "official" training manuals. In the past, this is been quite good. Their individual lessons, Brother than a reference book. However, previous one typically good. That's what I know, I expect others have additional information.

Upvote 0
I highly recommend the MacProVideo tutorials. You can get a monthly pass for $25, which should be plenty of time to view all of the new Logic X tutorials.

Upvote 0
Hey Wally,

Thanks for the plug. I am happy to report that I just finished the last Logic Pro X Explained video last night. And I am _really_ happy with the how the whole series came out. I've been working on them non stop, and now it is time to get a good night's sleep finally, before jumping in to the next series :))

I think groove3 will jump on the editing on their end pretty quickly. Hopefully it'll be released very soon.

Upvote 0
Thanks

Hey Wally,

Thanks for the plug. I am happy to report that I just finished the last Logic Pro X Explained video last night. And I am _really_ happy with the how the whole series came out. I've been working on them non stop, and now it is time to get a good night's sleep finally, before jumping in to the next series :))

I think groove3 will jump on the editing on their end pretty quickly. Hopefully it'll be released very soon.

Thanks! Looking forward to the tutorials. I am getting a grasp on logic bit by bit (Long time Cubase user).

Some things however are still a bit unclear, haha.

Your lessons will hopefully clear them up.

Hugo

Upvote 0
Hey Wally,

It's online!

Hugo

Upvote 0
Hey Wally,

It's online!

Hugo

Yes it is!!!

Upvote 0
Back