Logic Pro 9 BFD2 Sound Library & EXS24

anp27

Logician
Hey everybody, I was at an Apple Store a couple weeks chatting with a 'Genius' about BFD2 and he told me that you could use the BFD2 sound library within Logic using the EXS24. Can anyone explain to me how one would go about doing this? I really like BFD2 but hate that its still a 32 bit application. The 32 Audio Unit Bridge is horrible and I'd really like to have everything running in 64 bit. Thanks in advance for your help!

The 32 Bit Bridge is yet to crash on me since the Logic Pro 9.1.4 update
last week. And EXS24 does not have all extra special "drummy" stuff that BFD2 has.

Rz

Upvote 0
The 32 Bit Bridge is yet to crash on me since the Logic Pro 9.1.4 update
last week. And EXS24 does not have all extra special "drummy" stuff that BFD2 has.

Rz

I haven't yet tested out BFD2 with the new 9.1.4 update.. maybe it won't be so bad after all. My experience with other 32 bit AUs hasn't been that great though.

Upvote 0
I can make my own kit by dragging BFD's samples into a blank exs24 instrument. I assume that's what he means. But, I can't mix the audio within the samples as they're multi-channel wave files (7?). I guess this is fine if you're going bare bones and like what you hear. I'll just deal with the bridge at this point as I use BFD2 on just about everything I produce. Superior Drummer is 64 bit and is on sale for $200 at audiomidi.com. I've attached a short loop of an exs24 instrument I just made using some BFD2 samples. I'm stuck with the ambiance as is and for this thing I don't have any velocity layers.

Attachments

• BFD2 exs24 loop.mp3.zip
    200.9 KB · Views: 161
Upvote 0
Back