Logic Pro 9 Bounce Formats Setup

LMPaule

Logician
My automobile has a CD player that successfully plays commercial CDs and MP3s which I have bounced from Logic and then burned to a CD. The instruction manual says the player will also play WMA files. I have also gotten it to play CD DA bounces from Logic. I have attempted to replicate the CD DA settings, so that I can copy multiple files to the same disk in some other format than MP3. However, I have been unsuccessful at setting up Logic in any other format than MP3s to make this work in my car.

While the MP3 format satisfies my immediate need, I do feel that I am missing something simple in the setup process and that is aggravating.

I have tried AIFF at 16-bit 44.1 K sample rate, and wave files. Please let me know if you have a suggestion for how to set up Bounce.

As always, thanks for your fantastic help.

Larry

LMPaule

Logician
Thanks for the reply, but I must be missing something or not explaining myself well.

I noted that I can burn a single track with the CDDA function. What I want to do is to bounce a number of tracks that I can then burn to a CD and have play. I do not see the functionality to do this (per my original note above). As it is now, I can only directly send the CDDA bounce to a CD. There is no way to create and save.

Upvote 0

Doug Zangar

Logician
I'm probably not understanding what you're trying to do but here goes.....

What I want to do is to bounce a number of tracks that I can then burn to a CD and have play.

So, bouncing these tracks to a common location and burning a CD with WaveBurner (for example) isn't doing what you need?

Alternately you could use the OS Burn function to create a data CD if you want that type.

I think the only way you can do this in Logic is to bring your bounced tracks into a new project and then bounce out with CDDA. I'd guess this would create one long file of all songs, so no track type search.

Upvote 0

gdoubleyou

Logician
I get it, I use Toast for audio CDs.

You could bounce, add to iTunes library, make a playlist, then burn a CD from the playlist.

If you don't have Waveburner, also some of audio editors like DSP quattro allow you burn multiple tracks.

:cool:

Upvote 0

LMPaule

Logician
Doug & gdoubleyou,

Thanks for the replies. I understand what both you suggested. I actually forgot that I had a copy of Waveburner. I was thinking I could just bounce to my hard drive and copy to a cd and burn. Clearly, that did not work for me, in this case. I understand what both you suggested.

Also, Doug, thanks again for the wonderful training on Groove 3. Its time for me to watch some of it again.

Larry

Upvote 0