Logic Pro (X) Bounce Problems

peterlemer

Logician
OK, this is my first Project in LX and I expect some glitches.
Having assembled a song recorded in 4 parts - a fairly scary job on a new platform, I've had two glaring Bounce failures:

1. Where a vocal track contains a Melodyned set of regions, the bounce plays that section back about 5 seconds late!

2. Where a Software Instrument Piano dutifully plays correctly in the project, in the Bounce it drops a sustain pedal 'up' so the piano is fully sustained for the next few bars.

Are these typical of new wrinkles?

pete

My workarounds for these was to bounce the dodgy regions to new tracks. But hell, the track is nearly 8 minutes long and I've had to bounce it 5 times so far, and listen back similarly. It would be great if the bounce was literal!

pete

Upvote 0
OK, this is my first Project in LX and I expect some glitches.
Having assembled a song recorded in 4 parts - a fairly scary job on a new platform, I've had two glaring Bounce failures:

1. Where a vocal track contains a Melodyned set of regions, the bounce plays that section back about 5 seconds late!
Try exporting back the material from Melodyne onto a new audio track in Logic. Either mute or delete the original Melodyne track before committing to bounce.
When Melodyne is running as a plug-in in your DAW or in ReWire Client Mode, or - in case of Melodyne studio - is integrated into the DAW using the MelodyneBridge, their audio material is available in the DAW's mixer. Use the 'Render' function (sometimes called 'Bounce' or 'Audio Mixdown') to create a new audio file of the signal coming from Melodyne. A distinction has to be made here between offline and real-time rendering. The real-time version always works but is slow. Whether or not the offline variation is available depends upon the plug-in implementation of the DAW. We recommend, however, the use of the real-time version.

2. Where a Software Instrument Piano dutifully plays correctly in the project, in the Bounce it drops a sustain pedal 'up' so the piano is fully sustained for the next few bars.
Which software instrument? Logic's native or foreign?

Are these typical of new wrinkles?
Probably...

Upvote 0
Atlas: thanks - I rendered the Melodyne track and bounced that part successfully

> Which software instrument? Logic's native or foreign?

Synthogy Ivory

Upvote 0
Tangra and Atlas: Bouncing in real time doesn't get a better result.
In the case of the Melodyne treatment, both offline and realtime suck and I must render for a bounce. This is a new and unwelcome 'feature'.
Realtime bounce still gets me a loss of pedal-off commands, so I have to bounce the Software Instrument, too.
Not a happy scenario when sending sketches to a client.
Fo the next project in this set, I will probably revert to L9 although I
love Track Stacks :-(

Upvote 0
Update: I solved the Melodyne delay problem by teaching it about an earlier tempo change. I forgot to do this as there was no use of Melodyne in the earlier section. Once learnt, Melodyne behaved sweetly bouncewise.

...a relief!

However, Ivory still loses it's sustain OFF events. I'll poddle over the the Synthogy forum and see if they know anything

pete

Upvote 0
Back