Logic Pro 8 bouncing our 5.1

JT SEXton

Hello! I am in need of assistance, I have a 5.1 project that I need to bounce out in individual channels (left, right, center, LFE, Ls, Rs) and am having issues. I have gone Bounce>surround>split (also tried interleaved) and do not get more than a stereo bounce (left and right). I mixed this in a surround studio, but finished the project on my macbook pro (still in surround, but i couldn't hear everything properly, which was assumed). Do i have to have a surround interface in order for me to achieve the bounce I am going for? Could someone please shine some light on this issue for me? This project is due in 12 hours, so time is of the essence. Thanks in advance!

as you've probably found if you bnc it out as "interleaved" it will make a 6 ch surround file for you. the problem is in "split" it has to have additional outputs assignable for ch 3-6. obviously unless you have a multi-out I/O attached you cant do this so the split just gives you L +R.

goto http://code.google.com/p/soundflower/downloads/list

download and install soundflower and assign the 16ch version as your audio driver.. you wont be able to hear anything unless you feed it into something else, so do it once you've "finalised" the mix using the MBP built in sound ( or whatever other 2 channel I/O you are using)

i just tested it with SF 1.5.1 and it works fine spitting out 6 split files

as an aside;;;;; an important thing, seeing as you cant hear what you are doing, is to be aware of how much C and LFE you are sending from each channel , this is controlled via the panner for each channel strip.

best

L

Upvote 0
Back