Logic Pro 9 bouncing wav problem

eyeonthewall

Logician
hey folks

having a small issue - any help much appreciated : )

im bouncing stems from projects as wav files to be used as backing tracks in mainstage for triggering live

my problem is that when bounced the wav's have a split second silence at the start of the file which makes triggering in playback a problem as things fall out of time when playing live

a) how can i eliminate the silence at the start of the wav when bouncing ?

or

b) how can i set a marker at the start of audio in mainstages playback so i dont have to keep manualy setting the current position of each stem ?

cheers folks !

chrisb

Logician
have you set the locators? turned off cycle mode?
try moving the whole project a couple of bars (if it starts at 1.1.1.1)

Upvote 0

eyeonthewall

Logician
thanks bud

unfortunately no luck - cycle mode off & locaters all set - moving a couple of bars is no good either as i need it precicely bang on

its just the split second of silence thats killing me : S

very confused but thanks for the thoughts

Upvote 0
I suspect the latency (gap at the front) is being caused by a plug-in that needs a larger buffer (multipressor, Liner Phase EQ).

Have you made sure your plug-in latency (audio preferences, General page, Plug-in latency compensation) is set to ALL?

The only other thing I can think is to use a 2 track audio editor to remove the extra silence. Peak LA works great, it sees and marker points, so if you please a marker at the start point of your song, you should be able to see where the edit point should be (and how much extra audio silence is being added).

Upvote 0

eyeonthewall

Logician
georgelegeriii - genious matey !

thank you so much - sure enough, set plug in latency to 'ALL' & problem solved, completely overlooked that option : D

thanks again

ben

Upvote 0