Logic Pro X Brass Drop Off - How To?

sus4

Logician
Does anyone know how to create a brass drop off? This is an effect that's used in big band writing where the brass "falls off the note". I'm using the Garritan big band program, but I think the effect is created in Logic Pro X using CC's (continuous controllers) which I've never used. Thanks.

sus4

Logician
Well I found exactly what I needed thanks to you. Amazing what's on the internet. I tried putting it in my arrangement and of course it's not that easy for me. How do I get this Brass Fall Off to hit with my brass track?

Upvote 0

sus4

Logician
Someone from another group suggested that what I'm looking for may be hidden in the Garritan JABB program. Let me check that out first.

Upvote 0

Pete Thomas

Administrator
Staff member
Without knowing Garritan, I presumed the reference to CC was to do with changing articulations to an Actual Garritan sampled fall.

Upvote 0

Pete Thomas

Administrator
Staff member
Any library with falls as anarticulation will require some form of trigger to switch to that articulation. Often they have options, so may be keyswitches (generally a keyboard note outside the normal range, or a controller event or maybe a a MIDI channel. So sadly to know the answer I hate to say it but you'll need to consult the manual or hire someone such as fuzzfilth to help. It will be worth it in the end.

Upvote 0

sus4

Logician
Pete, someone from another group told me about Studio Horns in Logic Pro X and it looks like they could work for me. They have horn falls offs with are activated by keyswitches. So, I,ll be checking they out. Thanks for your reply.

Upvote 0