Logic Pro (X) Brass Drop Off - How To?

sus4

Logician
Does anyone know how to create a brass drop off? This is an effect that's used in big band writing where the brass "falls off the note". I'm using the Garritan big band program, but I think the effect is created in Logic Pro X using CC's (continuous controllers) which I've never used. Thanks.

Well I found exactly what I needed thanks to you. Amazing what's on the internet. I tried putting it in my arrangement and of course it's not that easy for me. How do I get this Brass Fall Off to hit with my brass track?

Upvote 0
Someone from another group suggested that what I'm looking for may be hidden in the Garritan JABB program. Let me check that out first.

Upvote 0
Without knowing Garritan, I presumed the reference to CC was to do with changing articulations to an Actual Garritan sampled fall.

Upvote 0
Any library with falls as anarticulation will require some form of trigger to switch to that articulation. Often they have options, so may be keyswitches (generally a keyboard note outside the normal range, or a controller event or maybe a a MIDI channel. So sadly to know the answer I hate to say it but you'll need to consult the manual or hire someone such as fuzzfilth to help. It will be worth it in the end.

Upvote 0
Pete, someone from another group told me about Studio Horns in Logic Pro X and it looks like they could work for me. They have horn falls offs with are activated by keyswitches. So, I,ll be checking they out. Thanks for your reply.

Upvote 0
Back