Bug - Midi Controlled key commands deleted when crash.

any key commands that are midi controlled are deleted even when saved. These are created when you click "Learn New assignment" on the Key commands page (option-K). Then you press the midi button on your keyboard/controller, and accept it. Every time logic crashes, (about every three hours) I have to add these again. Very Frustrating. I try to save them, but it only saves the key commands that are non midi, for use with the qwerty keyboard, these are not saved and always erased/deleted during a crash.

I am running 10.4.11, Dual 2 Ghz Power PC G5, 11 GB DDR2 SDRAM. Logic is 8.0.2. Running a Digi 003 through coreaudio. M-Audio Keystation Pro 88. 3rd party plugins include Waves diamond bundle (newest Version) Kompakt 2(newest), Synthogy Ivory, Stylus RMX.

So far I know MIDI Controller Assignments are written to their file when you quit Logic, not when you save the project. If this is still true, a crash does not update this file and you lose the newest assignments.

You can test this when you assign something, save and then force quit Logic. If the latest assignments get lost, the situation is still as described above and the only workaround is to quit and restart Logic after you made a couple of important assignments.

Btw, the file in question is this one:
<user>/Preferences/com.apple.logic.pro.cs
(.cs stands for Control Surface)
You can also use this file to backup your MIDI Assignments or store different copies for different setups.

Back