Logic Pro 7 & earlier Can anyone help me find copy of Logic v7 install

Condo, All I want to do is update my existing v5 .LSO files to v7 so that I can then go on to v9. I was on v5.5 Platinum, so I suspect that I would need v7 Pro. But that is a guess. Again, currently running OSx 10.5 on a G4 Book, already have XSKey, and need the "full" install for v7, not an upgrade

Upvote 0
Do you have a licence for Logic 7 on your XSKey? If not, the program disks are of no use to you.

regards

Mark

Upvote 0
Mark ! Thanks. I am not sure of the workings of the XSKey other than mine worked on the PC at v5. Did they send a new XSKey with each update? Or update the Key somehow? My only interest is to get my files upgraded from v5 to v7 so I can get to v9+.

Upvote 0
Mark ! Thanks. I am not sure of the workings of the XSKey other than mine worked on the PC at v5. Did they send a new XSKey with each update? Or update the Key somehow?

For each new major release of Logic versions 5, 6 and 7 a new licence (or authorization) was required for the XSKey. If you didn't purchase Logic 7, you won't be able to run it. The XSKey has not been required to run Logic since Logic 8 was released in 2007, I seriously doubt that there is any way to get a Logic 7 licence on yours now. But that shouldn't really matter, logic 5 is all you need to open and save your files in order to make them compatible for Logic 9.

regards

Mark

Upvote 0
Back