Logic Pro 9 Can chords from Global be shown in score?

lucytune

Logician
Has anyone discovered a way to get the global tracks chords to be displayed in the score using Logic Studio 9?

Don't waste your time. It's COMPLETELY broken. If you want to see for yourself, go into the score window and select " insert chords from global track" from the Functions menu. You'll get some John Cage style interpretation of your music!

Upvote 0
Global Chords in Score - Thanks Eli

Great! Thank you. That works well for my purposes. I actually like Cage, so it gives me a novel interpretation of what I am writing, and hence new insights.

Upvote 0
Don't waste your time. It's COMPLETELY broken.

Funny. I have TONS of issues with the score editor (I needed to start re- (and ab-) using it again after years of doing all my scoring duties manually or in Cubase), but this has not been one of them. For me, it's more that the automatic chord recognition feature is completely awkward. Let's say it's a) too exact and b) not "musical" enough. As an example, if you play G-C-E (standard first inversion of a C triad), Logic will analyse it as a C/G - which is kinda correct, but usually you don't want your bassist to play a G in most cases (which he would). Whenever I need another chord tone but the root in the bass, I'd rather type it in myself.
The way Logic analyses chords makes the most easy I-IV-V-I progressions look like some high level compositions.

- Sascha

Upvote 0
Back