Legacy Apps Can Waveburner make video & audio CDs?

Robert Wilson

Logician
Hi folks,

I'm hoping to make a CD with a bunch of audio tracks on it and one video.

Anyone know if this is possible with Waveburner?

(or any other software for that matter.)

Do a search for enhanced CD.

e.g.

http://www.northeasterndigital.com/educ_articles02.html

I have produced one enhanced CD (with video) but I would not recommend trying to DIY such a mastering.

One thing to be aware of is that the audio tracks will not automatically load in iTunes when you insert the CD into a Mac, so it is difficult for people to take mp3s off the CD for use on their mp3 players etc. Not a problem if you don't want people to do that, but some customers may not be happy.

What I did therefore was (in addition to the audio content) put all the audio tracks as mp3s into the media section of the CD, so they could still grab the audiofiles if they wanted to.

Upvote 0
Toast used to be able to do this, I did many of these types of jobs back in the early days of "enhanced" audio CD's. The manual should give you the specific of how to do this.

And no, waveburner will not do this.

Upvote 0
That's great, seems I was wrong then about a DIY job, however do test on as many CD/DVD players and computer systems as possible.

Upvote 0
Hi Pete,

It was for a college project and I've already handed it in but I tested it on the only consumer CD player I had access to, which sits in my living room, as well as several computers (OSX, winXP & win7).

It seemed to work fine.

Upvote 0
Back