Logic Pro 9 Can't burn CD

DSco

Logician
I am an experienced Logic user, recently I have been trying to bur CD's and they will not play in a CD player. Bounce settings I have tryed:
PCM,MP3,M4A:AAC BURN CDDA. AIFF, 16bit 44.1khz interleved dithering off.

Its possible the recording was 24bit, do I need dithering? the files play fine and the CD works in the computer but not the stereo or Car. ????

CD standard is 16 bit, 44.1k, uncompressed audio (.wav or .aif). Anything else may well not play on a CD player. You shouldn't need to dither, but it probably will be a slightly better audio quality.

Over the years I have noticed older CD players to be finicky about playing my burned disks. It could make a difference whether I burned them in iTunes, Toast or Wave Burner.

Upvote 0
Ooops, This is a bit embarrassing but I have been burning my tracks to a CD-RW, its all I had lying around, In two years of producing music for myself and other people including CDbayby no one has asked for a CD until last week! for audio to play in a conentonal CD player the disc has to be a CD-R. Thanks for your reply's. on the positive side I found the Logic Users Group. I going to pick up some CD-R's later and I will let you know how it turns out.

Thanks,
D

Upvote 0
That depends on the age of the player. My 2006 car deck plays CD-RW just fine, for example. And as one of my key mix-testing spots, thank goodness for that.

The reverse it true, too. Even CD-R won't always play in some older players. You'll have to suss that out with your client.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Problem Solved. I had to use itunes and a CD-R. In itunes I made a plalist of the .aiff's I needed. >File>Burn playlist to disk>Disk format> Audio CD.

This CD plays in every device I have including my car & old Boombox.

Upvote 0
Glad you got it working. Truth is, it really depends on the disc itself. Some discs from certain manufacturers won't work in some CD players. A good CD player should be able to play most discs though.

Upvote 0
Back