Logic Pro 9 Can't increase region before 1 1 1 1

sonnykeyes

Logician
I work on commercials, mostly, so I set up a default song a long time ago with a SMPTE-locked 2-pop at 00:59:58:00 and the downbeat of the first bar on 1:00:00:00 with a default Tempo of 120bpm. For years that's worked fine, and if I wrote at a tempo faster than 120bpm I would just have to drag the left side of the song out a little so my 2-pop still played, as it was now before the 0 1 1 1 point. Since I got L9 I have been unable to drag the left end of the song earlier. I click and hold on the timeline as I always did, the cursor changes into a bracket that looks like it should behave as expected, but it won't move. Anyone else have this problem, or (more importantly) as solution?

I can't think of why you are unable to do this. it's not a bug because I do it all the time on many different systems.

Upvote 0
Just a guess here - but maybe, if you've been using this default project file through several version of Logic, it's buggy because it was created in an older version.

Try creating a new "empty Project" in L9 and see if the behavior works as expected. I suspect that will give a definitive answer as to wether the project file itself is corrupted/buggy or not.

Upvote 0
Works fine here in 9.1.3 (and two other Logic rigs I've worked on in the fast few weeks that I have to do this a lot).

Sonny, feel free to email me a zip of a stripped down project file that you can't do this in. zerobeat@goodmedia.com

I'd like to see if it's some corruption inside the file that prevents this.

Upvote 0
I found years ago that working before bar 1 was a pain in the butt for many reasons.

You could achieve the same result by setting bar 3 to be at 1:00:00:00 and then put your 2-pop on bar 1 (which will then be 00:59:58:00). It's easy to play from the start every time and causes fewer hassles in Logic with chasing etc.

Just a suggestion.....

Upvote 0
Logic has historically been buggy when starting before 1.1.1.1. I personally never do it. If it works for you Sonny, more power to you. I'm just a little paranoid of that scenario. I embrace Colin's approach.

Upvote 0
Back