Logic Pro 9 Check out this Logic GUI mod

CSeye

Logician
http://ampguimods.com/page0/page0.html

This guy has done a ton of work on DP mods and just recently gave Logic a shot.

He makes it very easy to do.

One of the gripes I've had with Logic is the lack of numbered meters. The numbers at the far left of the Mixer window are helpful but...

And the supplied metering plug-ins are much appreciated...

I really like having some numerical, visual reference of level on the meters. I've used the numbered meters made by Edgar Rothermich for some time now. Much appreciated. http://rothermich.com/Edgar/Manuals.html

Amplidood's work is very classy.

Cool stuff.

Thanks for the Tip. I knew it was possible to edit the GUI, Glad someone is coming around to taking a serious approach. I just downloaded it, looking forward to checking it out.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the Tip. I knew it was possible to edit the GUI, Glad someone is coming around to taking a serious approach. I just downloaded it, looking forward to checking it out.

I've seen the many colors of Logic at the various forums where GUI mods have been displayed. But amplidoods first rendition strikes me as classy in that it's appealing but otherwise doesn't draw attention to itself.

Hopefully, he'll put out a few more themes like he did with DP.

Cheers.

Upvote 0
Ciao...
What about stability issues with the mod?
Is it easy to cleanly remove the mod if necessary, or would one have to completely reinstall Logic?

Cheers,
mk3

Upvote 0
Very nice meters!

Very nice indeed. An accurate!

Regarding stability, I've used various mod files available at forums etc to play around with the look of Logic and never had any stability issues.

Same with DP. Amplidood has been steadily posting his new mods over at Motunation for years. No alteration in DAW performance what so ever.

Regarding mod removal, Eli is right. Just duplicate Logic by selecting it, then Command+D click it, select Duplicate. This dup should be renamed, and I even further tagged it with a color Label (Right-click).

The install directions are otherwise very simple, being notated on folders within the folder that gets downloaded.

If you don't like it, then trash the Dup.

In the DP instructions, he adds one more step: To compress the fresh Dup as a zip file for those who like to experiment. Saves the step of duplicating the original each time.

Hopefully mod Logic mods will be developed.

Best

Attachments

• MeterAccuracy.png
    MeterAccuracy.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 253
Upvote 0
Actually, I really like the recessed look of the inserts and buttons on this also. Understated and classic, and easier on the eyes than the Apple bubble-button aesthetic.

Upvote 0
Actually, I really like the recessed look of the inserts and buttons on this also. Understated and classic, and easier on the eyes than the Apple bubble-button aesthetic.

The smooth, rounded bevel of the pan pot is another nice touch.

Visual aesthetic is important. I wish there were some way to add some color to the Hyper Editor.

Upvote 0
If anybody wants to try his graphic skills, it is pretty easy to modify some parts of Logic's design. Right-click on the program ("Show package contents"), navigate to Content/Resources and look at the .tiff images in this folder. But keep in mind that you don't know where each element is used and how it will look in different locations. And you should make a backup copy of the original program of course.

If you find nice designs, we can make them downloadable here in the LUG. Btw, I don't like pink send knobs with a little dragon on them, so you can spare this one :)

Upvote 0
If you find nice designs, we can make them downloadable here in the LUG.

Just so long as we make it perfectly clear to each and every person who considers modifying any part of the Logic package, even something presumably as harmless as an altered graphic file, that he or she does so entirely at his or her own risk.

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
...If you find nice designs, we can make them downloadable here in the LUG. Btw, I don't like pink send knobs with a little dragon on them, so you can spare this one :)

What about chartreuse pan pots with white polka dots?:thmbup:

This thread covers a lot ground. Strange to say, but I would start at the end and work backwards. Some of what's on offer is pretty cool, and some of it...
http://logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?p=270784&sid=68f0569f0eb31ae8a3a786dede549442

Mark's comment is certainly valid and users should take some time to understand how this works.

I'll put together a simple pdf within the next few days.

Upvote 0
... that he or she does so entirely at his or her own risk.
Yes, I forgot to mention this. The LUG does not pay for eye glasses and we do not take the responsibility for nervous twitches or head ache caused by adventurous design. I think Apple sees these kind of modifications relaxed unless you distribute or publish something under the name of their product. It's their overall design, nevertheless. Those are my thoughts of course, if Apple sees it different I will visit you in prison and bring a sweet cake along.

Modifying by changing images may be fun but the posibilities are rather limited. You won't destroy Logic's functions if you put the picture of your friend on the level meters, but they might become less informative depending on the colour of your friend.

Upvote 0
I like this mod a lot. I've been using it for a couple of weeks now with no problems. The meters alone are worth the price of admission.

Upvote 0
Some new things coming..

Hey Logicians...

Thanks for all the kind words about the mod. It's always great to hear that people are having better experiences because of it.

Just thought I'd drop a little line about some new things coming soon...

AmpGui_v2_progress.png

Upvote 0
Amplidood -

The new idea screen you just posted is beautiful! Very tastefully done.
Apple should be hiring you for GUI consultation....
mk3

Upvote 0
Back