Logic Pro 9 Check out this Logic GUI mod

CSeye

Logician
http://ampguimods.com/page0/page0.html

This guy has done a ton of work on DP mods and just recently gave Logic a shot.

He makes it very easy to do.

One of the gripes I've had with Logic is the lack of numbered meters. The numbers at the far left of the Mixer window are helpful but...

And the supplied metering plug-ins are much appreciated...

I really like having some numerical, visual reference of level on the meters. I've used the numbered meters made by Edgar Rothermich for some time now. Much appreciated. http://rothermich.com/Edgar/Manuals.html

Amplidood's work is very classy.

Cool stuff.

Very nice! BTW, put a mention on the blog yesterday.

Cheers

Man, thank you so much. That is too kind.

This may be a bold move for those used to the other way, but I remember when the mute buttons in Logic were orange, like just about every other DAW.

Logic_new_buttons.png

Upvote 0
Works to a lesser extent in Logic 8 as well. You get the numbered meters which is all I really wanted, plus the orange Mute button and inserts. In fact the only thing I can really notice you missing is the green and black EQ window in the mixer. It's still as blue and grey and hard to read as ever. Not a grumble, just yet another reason to upgrade. Thanks amplidood!

Upvote 0
I like the GUI modification, especially the effect slots. Black on yellow is a better choice than black on blue, even if the yellow is dark. This is no surprise, black and yellow are a classic combination. Don't know why software designers tend to ignore rules that are known since hundreds of years. Blue and black have a problem together, this will not change until we change our eyes and brains.

Regarding the numbers in the level meters, I think less numbers would be better. Currently I work with the version below and it provides enough information for a small meter:

20100214-pw84i8uei7hiff4pt3y3h5iahg.jpg

Upvote 0
New solid meters idea on the site.

Again, thank you so much for developing these visual enhancements to Logic.

It's amazing how such simple alterations of the GUI exponentially increase the enjoyment of looking at it while working:thmbup:

Keep it coming!!!

My request is to keep the beveled insert slots but with the yellow buttons.

This probably gets into the coding/programming of Logic or whatever (versus Photoshop color adjustments), but the Hyper Editor really needs a bit of color. The gray and blue is so darn drab!!!

Upvote 0
Anyone having issues with this GUI Mod? For Me the meters are appearing grey, and only the left channel is showing??

FWIW I installed as directed, copy/pasting files into the resources folder. Anyone else seen this?

Upvote 0
OK - Solved this one on my own by process of elimination - looks amazing!!
As has been said you have done some very nice work Sir!

Upvote 0
Please any users do report on stability with the mods also, whether good or bad!

This is a great initiative....

Upvote 0
I copied all of the files from the GUI Mod to my new version of Logic (9.1 GUI Mod)
I then Copied all of the Level Meter Tiff's from my original version of Logic (9.1)
Then I would open (9.1 GUI Mod) and test.
At that point I think I had all of the mod minus the faders.
Then I added groups of the Gui Mod Fader Tiff Files (replacing the Duplicates) until it it was working.

Sorry not very scientific here...trial and error. Working well though...Good Luck

Upvote 0
I'm probably not going to make Exponential versions.
I think this is not even possible unless one uses two copies of Logic. The numbers would need different scaling and therefore another set of images, correct?

Another Logic copy would require renaming or moving at least one of the two versions to another location. Renaming or moving would make future updates unreliable or even impossible. Not a good idea IMHO.

Upvote 0
I'm probably not going to make Exponential versions.
I think this is not even possible unless one uses two copies of Logic. The numbers would need different scaling and therefore another set of images, correct?

Another Logic copy would require renaming or moving at least one of the two versions to another location. Renaming or moving would make future updates unreliable or even impossible. Not a good idea IMHO.

I'm glad to see this opinion. A lot less work for me ;)

Upvote 0
I'm glad to see this opinion. A lot less work for me ;)
No, we could use one of your two sets without any problem :rolleyes:

But I can think of another excuse you may like:
"A meter scale for the dB-linear mode is enough because people
who work only in the upper 6 dB don't need numbers at all."
:angel:

Upvote 0
Back