Logic Pro 8 classic synth patches

dchalfon

is there any place with available classic synth patches for logic (sounds from the D50, Dx7, Jupiter 8, etc)

is there any place with available classic synth patches for logic (sounds from the D50, Dx7, Jupiter 8, etc)

Well, this is a bit of apples & oranges here... The sounds of those synths are from specific pieces of gear that the Logic synth-set doesn't really try to duplicate. As far as specific patches to model these models, I am not aware of any.
Logic does have an FM synth and various analog-type synths that one could in theory model to sound like the DX7 and Jupiter.
The D50 is the real beast here. Created by Roland in the 80's, this "Linear Arithmatic" synth was the first hybrid synth (for under $2000) that combined analog partials & synth attack samples. It's still one of my favorites and nothing in Logic sounds like it.
I've heard people talk about a 3rd party synth-plug called Atmosphere (can't recall who makes it though,) which apparently can get a D50 sound & take it further... Depends on your budget of course.
None of this means you couldn't say, combine Logic's Sculpture with some EXS attacks to get a D50-ish type of sound... The challenge excites me but then again, I'm a synth-tweaking geek. :D I love layering different synths to produce complex sounds. :thmbup:
Just curious, is there a specific type of patches you are trying to duplicate?

charlie

Upvote 0
I've heard people talk about a 3rd party synth-plug called Atmosphere (can't recall who makes it though,) .....

Atmosphere was made by Spectrasonics. It is discontinued and replaced by Omnisphere:
http://www.spectrasonics.net/instruments/omnisphere.php

An amazing plug-in!! It has many patches which duplicate old "classic" synth sounds - Eric Persing of Spectrasonics designed and created many patches for these synths (eg the D50). The newer "psycho-acoustic" patches are totally mind-blowing and unique.

Damn, I shouldn't have said that....now everyone will want it. ;)

Upvote 0
Back