Logic Pro 9 Confusion about deleting files.

blogan

Logician
Hi there. I'm new to the forum and fairly new to logic express. Can anyone explain how to delete files so as to free up space. In the bin how do I know if a file is being used or not.

On some tunes there are a lot of files for one instrument. I have optimized everything, and feel I should probably delete some unused stuff but again I don't know whether if is being used or not.

And....will this stop the memory message from coming up?

Thanks

Open the bin, and select "select unused" to see which files are no longer being used in the song.

As for the out of memory message, how much ram is in your system and are you running Logic in 64 bit mode? Do a "get info" on Logic and uncheck the 32 bit checkbox to go into 64 bit mode.

Upvote 0
Cool. Found it and deleted the unused files. Will this delete the files from the hard drive or just from the bin? I am thinking I need everything deleted from the hard drive.

Thanks

Upvote 0
I'd suggest making a copy of you session until you are sure this is correct for you.

No, the files don't get deleted from your drive unless you select unused and then select "delete files" from the menu WITHIN the bin. Hitting your delete key only removes them from the session, and only the "delete" command from the bin menu removes them completely.

Upvote 0
Back