Logic Pro 9 control surface issues

David Zapata

OK I've got Logic 9, a new iMac and I've dealt with USB issues thanks to members here. On to my latest problem. My Alphatrack control surface from Frontier will not work with L9! I've downloaded the latest drivers from Frontier, and can't activate them in L9 - in fact the control surfaces set up in preferences doesn't even recognize it! I'm thinking of selling it and instead assigning basic functions to the keyboard. So here are my 2 questions; is it possible to salvage the Alphatarck? If not, how can I simply toggle between markers in L9 using keyboard shortcuts?
Thanks,
David

I'm not familiar with the alphatrack, but toggling between markers is straightforward. Open Logic's Key Commands (you can do this with alt + k) and look for the "go to next marker" and "go to previous marker" Key Commands.

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
I've got the same prob! It has not worked even once, although it has reacted in a couple of different ways at different times. If I move the fader it always snaps down to minimum, no matter what automation is written on the track.

Steve

Upvote 0
I've got the same prob! It has not worked even once, although it has reacted in a couple of different ways at different times.
Are you aware you need to install both the driver software and the control surface plug-in for Logic to make the AlphaTrack work in Logic? You'll find both installers on the Frontier Design web site.

Upvote 0
Thanks Petrosil, yes I know that. Someone said it's a 64bit thing...

Ah, we're talking about 64 bit. Well, from what I've seen most 3rd party control surface plug-ins do not support 64 bit yet. The only 3rd party plug-in I know which is currently supporting 64 bit is the Korg nanoKONTROL (the Korg microKONTROL and KONTROL49 are supported from Logic).

Did you drop Frontier Design a mail? Maybe they are not aware that Logic 64 bit requires 64 bit control surface plug-ins as well?

Upvote 0
Back