Logic Pro 8 Convert "instrument track" to "software instrument track"

Hi everyone!, I've been loading old Logic songs I made back in the early 90's with an old windows Micrologic (I stil have the original copy in a floppy disk!!)...

Well, as in those times, software synths were only a Sci-fi speculation, all the tracks were made for hardware synths. Now I want to reuse some tracks with soft-synths, but I haven't find the way tot do that...

I've tryed to right-click over the track looking for options in the "reassing track object", but without luck...

Advices welcome. Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone!, I've been loading old Logic songs I made back in the early 90's with an old windows Micrologic (I stil have the original copy in a floppy disk!!)...

Well, as in those times, software synths were only a Sci-fi speculation, all the tracks were made for hardware synths. Now I want to reuse some tracks with soft-synths, but I haven't find the way tot do that...

I've tryed to right-click over the track looking for options in the "reassing track object", but without luck...

Advices welcome. Thanks in advance!

Hold down the control key and press your mouse button.

hmmm... well, I get the "reassign track object" context menú... but I only get the possibility to reasign to a "midi click", another "instrument midi channel" or a "folder"...

what do I'm missing?... thanks!

well... I suppose!. That files are the conversion of old Micrologic songs in ".lso" format. Anyway, I've created a new "External MIDI" track on the same project and tried to reassign again as a Soft Synth track... but I've no way to do that (at least as I know).

mhhh... no way to reassign to Software instrument channel... maybe a "bug" from the old ".lso" format converssion. Well, of course I can copy - paste all the midi tracks to a new software synth track created from zero...

well... I suppose!. That files are the conversion of old Micrologic songs in ".lso" format. Anyway, I've created a new "External MIDI" track on the same project and tried to reassign again as a Soft Synth track... but I've no way to do that (at least as I know).
You need to learn a little about LP8 by reading the manual f you are going to use it. Start on page 183-184 to learn how to create Software Instrument Channel Strips and instantiate software instruments in them.

Thanks Jay... and appologizes. I've bought recently my LP8. I've started to read the big manual from the beginning... but I was too excited to wait for listen again my 15 year's old compositions...

Thanks to all!