Logic Pro 9 converting kontakt based instruments to aria in logic 9

dnessett

I have just upgraded to an Intel based Mac. I took this opportunity to move to Logic Studio 9 (from Logic Express 8) and have just downloaded the upgrade to GPO and JABB from Garritan. When I open one of my previous compositions in Logic 9 and attempt to play it, I get the message: "Plugin Kontakt Pla not available". This is a composition with an .lso file suffix.

My guess is Logic is looking for the Kontakt player, while the new version of GPO is based on Aria. Is there any way to quickly convert these compositions so they use Aria based instruments? By quick, I mean without going in and manually changing all of the channel strips to use the correct instrument.

Thanks,

Dan Nessett

Yea... just put the old kontakt player back in and make sure you have the older library available for it. You can usually have both running, choose the new version for any new songs, and leave the older version so you can recall older songs.

When you upgrade, ALWAYS make sure to save a copy. I usually make a zip of any apps and data required for the app (or plug-in) before I do an update, and when I need to, I can go back.

Upvote 0
Yea... just put the old kontakt player back in and make sure you have the older library available for it. You can usually have both running, choose the new version for any new songs, and leave the older version so you can recall older songs.

When you upgrade, ALWAYS make sure to save a copy. I usually make a zip of any apps and data required for the app (or plug-in) before I do an update, and when I need to, I can go back.

Thanks for your reply, but I think you misunderstand. I don't want to use the old Kontakt player. I want to use the new Aria player (the recent versions of GPO has converted from Kontakt to Aria). In addition, the Kontakt product I have (GPO) only worked on PPC systems. I have a new Intel Mac.

What I would like to do is globally direct Logic to substitute the Aria player on all tracks that reference the Kontakt player. However, after thinking about this a bit, my guess is that not possible. So, as an alternative, I wonder if there is a utility that would process Logic projects and make the substitution for me.

Upvote 0
I understood... try the new K4 player, and see if the old library will authorize (they often will)...

As for the utility that will replace one plug-in with another, and keep the same of a similar sound... no it doesn't exist, but if someone could make it, they would be both a hero to many, and most likely rich ;-))

Upvote 0
Back