Logic Pro 9 converting recorded midi chord track information

shawnshawnt

Logician
I want to take a recorded midi track consisting of various chords as the source for another track which will translate the chords into separate notes and record said notes onto a separate track. Any help will be appreciated.

cheers
shawn

Doug Zangar

Logician
I'm not quite clear on what you want to do. Logic can take a track with 4 note chords (for example) and assign each voice to its own track - you'd end up with four tracks. Good for moving piano voicings to horn parts, for example.. Is that what you want? There is no "recording" involved.

Possible technique:

Score Editor>Functions>Note Events>Select Highest (or Lowest) Notes. Copy or cut these, paste to new track. Repeat as needed.

shawnshawnt

Logician
Not Quite.
Track one:I would like to create a midi track containing chords. Then use that track's midi chord information as input to pass into an arpeggiator.

Track two:The arpeggiator would then record individual notes onto a separate track.

Eli

Logician
Here's the recipe:

* In the Environment, go to instrument 1 that is playing back the chord.

* Create an arpeggiator object.

* Cable the output at the top left of instrument one into the arpeggiator.

* Option click on the cable outlet of your arpeggiator, and cable it into the "Input Notes" object in the Clicks and Ports layer.

* Select track two in the Arrange Window and hit record. It will capture the arpeggiated notes from the chord.

* You need to turn this routing off before playing back the recorded file, or there will be a feedback loop.

* You might want to make a cable switcher button to easily turn this process on/off.

Here's a simple version of it:

Doug Zangar

Logician
Track one:I would like to create a midi track containing chords. Then use that track's midi chord information as input to pass into an arpeggiator.

Track two:The arpeggiator would then record individual notes onto a separate track.
Much clearer and specific to what you need to do - Eli has it covered, although he seems to have a problem with his "attachment'.....;)