Logic Pro 9 creating a tempo change

Edgold

Logician
I can do it manually of course but I want to create a smooth ritard from one place to another, maybe in the course of a measure or two. I've forgotten how to deal with this if I ever really knew.

You could do this in the global Tempo track or in the Tempo Operations window. The Tempo track is pretty straight forward - post if you have questions.

Upvote 0
Thanks Doug but I really wanted to know if there is some way to tell Logic the beginning and end tempos and have it put in the information at a certain resolution. I'm aware that this is best done with the flex tool but that's a manual input method and I thought there might be a shortcut.

Upvote 0
Yes, it actually automation. You can set the initial tempo, and the end tempo.

The tempo will change over time, you have to open up the global tempo track to make changes.

:thmbup:

Upvote 0
Hmmm...

Not sure what you're trying to do. If, for example, you have a tempo of 100 at bar 9 and want it to gradually increase to 120 at bar 17, the methods I mention work perfectly - in fact, you can shape the ramp, either a straight line or some type of curve.

Adjustable resolution is available as well in both methods based on beats and subdivisions.

Upvote 0
Thanks GW and Doug! With your help I've gotten it to work quite well. I didn't understand that the tempo track should be open and I've set it by locators at a sixteenth note resolution.

Ed

Upvote 0
Back