Custom GUI for PA plugins

tgordine

MAC ONLY ( at present )
Hi folks,
I really like the Plugin Alliance plugins ( Focusrite/Maag/Elysia/Neve etc.)but personally I struggled a bit with some of the older GUI’s (dodgy eyesight ).So I made some mods.Please download ,try them out. Clearer layout , larger labelling , colour options & easier to work with.Please check the Gallery & Previews to see what’s possible! There are clear instructions ( I hope) and an install video & pics. Its basically swapping out PNG’s in the resource folders;)Fair bit of work has gone into these mods.If folks appreciate these I’ll make more available. They're free to use but if anyone donates a couple of beer$ via Paypal .I'll send out the extras lie the bottom picture( Darkmode/3d GUI's etc.)
Cheers T
Gallery/Preview :https://bit.ly/3bghnYM
Download Link : https://bit.ly/3vT2cwE

Markdvc

Administrator
Staff member
I would urgently warn anyone who might be tempted to do this to make sure to backup prior to swapping anything. Actually, probably not a bad idea to first of all contact PA Alliance and ask them what to do if something goes wrong.

kind regards

Mark

tgordine

Hi Mark , good advice but If you look at the link there's a readme file with video, pictures and clear instructions plus advice to make back ups.If you can use a computer then you can swap a few image files and try these out. Also it would take less than a minute to re-download from the PA installer to return plugin to original anyway .So a safe operation , designed to help people with small screens or impaired vision;)

Attachments

• 00 INSTALLATION A.rtfd.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 6

Markdvc

Administrator
Staff member
My concern is that anyone reading this here on the LUG will be aware that in carrying out any such mod, there is always the chance that something gets messed up, hence my warning. As you state:

So a safe operation , designed to help people with small screens or impaired vision;)
- are you offering some sort of guarantee or support to anyone who might run into problems?

tgordine

Mark, I'm simply offering some FREE GUI files to users who might find them useful .Nobody is obliged to use them.
I would think most people are capable of placing a file in a folder. I'll help folks out if they get stuck but I'm not a commercial developer .I'm a musician sharing some mods. Please review the README files and video .Let me know if you think its clear.
T

Last edited: