Logic Pro 8 Custom transport bar-How to Save?

I need help devising and implementing my custom transport bar. I understand how to open and use the check box, but I can't get my choices to stick. It would make sense to have this feature married to a screen set, so I tried unlocking, making my picks in the customize transport box, closing it, then locking the screenset again. Then, I "save" the project. Then, I select "revert to saved" under the file menu, only to discover my picks have been lost.

I must be overlooking something? This may seem too elementary, but any help will be much appreciated. Best for me would be a custom transport bar which could then be the new default in all screensets, or when a new transport is opened. Okay, that's a "wish list item."

Maybe if I to this to the transport the opens when I select a new transport from the menu bar? If you've had this problem and figured it out, please do help. Constantly having to re-customize this is a distracting waste of time.

Thanks.

Eli

Logician
I have also experienced my custom transport bar settings not being remembered. I haven't found either the cause or the solution.

Thanks for taking the moment to let me know, Eli. It doesn't fix the problem, but it eases my mind that you are aware of this condition.

Best, Donovan Rundle

I need help devising and implementing my custom transport bar. I understand how to open and use the check box, but I can't get my choices to stick. It would make sense to have this feature married to a screen set, so I tried unlocking, making my picks in the customize transport box, closing it, then locking the screenset again. Then, I "save" the project. Then, I select "revert to saved" under the file menu, only to discover my picks have been lost.

I must be overlooking something? This may seem too elementary, but any help will be much appreciated. Best for me would be a custom transport bar which could then be the new default in all screensets, or when a new transport is opened. Okay, that's a "wish list item."

Maybe if I to this to the transport the opens when I select a new transport from the menu bar? If you've had this problem and figured it out, please do help. Constantly having to re-customize this is a distracting waste of time.

Thanks.
I have not seen nor can I reproduce this problem.

Best for me would be a custom transport bar which could then be the new default in all screensets, or when a new transport is opened. Okay, that's a "wish list item."
Yes - the best would be to be able to save a Transport Bar setting, just like Channel Strip settings etc. At present, you have to customize your Transport Bar in every screenset. I have already written to Apple to request this (if anyone reads these requests....)

I don't have the problem you mentioned though. When I change/customize the Bar and save the song, the settings are kept wherever I altered them.

Eli

Logician
FTR, my problem seems to be specifically with the pre fader metering button. That seems to be the one that is sometimes not remembered after I enable it.