Logic Pro 8 cut & paste automation?

Gerome

Logician
I have a couple of bars of synth notes panning several times per bar. When I cut and paste the automation doesn't go with it. How do I make this happen?

try holding option and sliding the bars to wherever you want them, it should ask you if you want to move the automation as well. Read the thread underneath this one about hyper editing it talks all about automation

Upvote 0
I have a couple of bars of synth notes panning several times per bar. When I cut and paste the automation doesn't go with it. How do I make this happen?

You need to check your automation settings. These settings refer to how automation is handled when the underlying region is either copied or moved. There are three choices for handling this situation. Always, never, and ask. Make sure it is set to either always, or ask.

Upvote 0
Thanks Guys but I still have the same problem I have set the preferences to "ask" a well as "always". I can move the bar and the automation will go with it but when I cut and paste the section it doesn't work and thats what I want to do. I want several bars of this throughout the tune and it would be far too tedious to have to edit each bar that I cut and paste. If I can clarify. I have a bar of 11 notes that pan hard left and hard right every other note. I want to either loop or cut and paste this section throughout almost the entire tune. there has to be a way to do this.

Upvote 0
Never mind got it, turn on the automation view, shift and drag over the automation you want to copy, then hold Option and drag it to where you want to paste it...

Upvote 0
Back