Logic Pro 9 Default colours

delius

I find the default colours in Logic 9 really dull. That green used for the cycle bar is the last colour I'd choose to have on my screen. It's also the same colour for audio instruments.

Is there anyway to change the default colours?

Cheers

Ah... discovered that colours in the colour window can be changed. I located the green colour (default for audio instruments) and changed it to a nicer blue colour, which has automatically changed all of the audio instrument channel colours. So now if I record some midi the sequences will be coloured with the new 'blue' rather than the old green.

This is good. But I was hoping that anything on the screen using that green would also change to blue, ie. the cycle bar, but that hasn't happened.

Upvote 0
Not sure if this is what you discovered or not, but you can call up the color palette (Option C) and then Option double click on any of the colors in the palette to customize them.

Upvote 0
I find the default colours in Logic 9 really dull. That green used for the cycle bar is the last colour I'd choose to have on my screen. It's also the same colour for audio instruments.

Is there anyway to change the default colours?

Cheers

Just to add to Eli's input, you can modify the default colors for audio and MIDI regions. (Notice the out of place purple and gold- third row down, in the first attachment).

If you make custom colors, drag the swatches to the bottom of the color palette. These custom custom (or even default) colors stored here are backed up in the location shown in the 3rd attachment.

Regarding changing the cycle bar, do a google search on Logic GUI modifications. Read carefully, and think twice...

Attachments

• Change Defaults colors.jpg
    Change Defaults colors.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 180
  • Custom Colors.png
    Custom Colors.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 159
  • Color Swatch.png
    Color Swatch.png
    45 KB · Views: 171
Upvote 0
Back