Logic Pro 8 Delays when saving

peterlemer

Logician
I'm used to saving every few minutes - it's a habit I acquired over several years of working with Logic and it has never got in the way - the 'Save' dialog might flicker, that's all.

The song I;m working on now, every time I save, there's a 'refrech' overview window, and it looks as though several of the audio instrument plugins are reloading - fair amount of spinning beachball. too.

Is this likely to be:

1. a feature of L8
2. a feature of having a song containing more information
3. a corruption of the song or L8?

peter

It doesn't sound like normal behaviour, Peter. Like you, I have my left hand trained to Comm + S regularly, but I haven't noticed any significant delays or spod in any logic version doing this. Is this only happening with one project?

BTW, is this using Logic 8 or 9? I ask because you mention Logic 8, but posted in the Logic 9 forum?

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
> Is this only happening with one project?

I haven't had time to check - will do.

> you mention Logic 8, but posted in the Logic 9 forum?

finger trouble. Should I stay here or repost?

peter

Upvote 0
No need to repost, Peter, I simply moved the thread into the L8 area, leaving a link in the L9 forum which will expire after a week. Just to keep things neat and tidy :)

In attempting to troubleshoot this, it would make sense if you could try various other projects, maybe also revert back to a previous backup of the project you are having trouble with. Logic projects, unfrotunately, can and do go belly up from time to time.

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
If its in just one project, there might be the option "save with assets" or sth like this (not at Logic now) ticked. This forces Logic to save samples, audio files, instrument settings etc. into the project folder every time you save and causes some delay while saving.

Upvote 0
not sure how to control this, though it's a great idea and sounds like the solution somehow!.
I can only find 'save with assets' as an option under the 'save as' tab though.

Where do I find the settings for the standard 'Save' operation?

peter

Upvote 0
Back