Logic Pro (X) Dialogue box asking to download content keeps popping up even after all content downloaded?

studio673

Hi,
I just upgraded to Mojave to update LPX to 10.5. Everything is running smoothly and I downloaded all new content BUT i keep getting a dialogue box pop up every time I open up a project. See attached image. My Sound Library manager shows all content downloaded and installed yet this. Is this a new, and bothersome, thing that comes with 10.5 or is there some way to stop this? It seems that I can't upload an image? SO here is what the box says:

"Some additional content is needed for this project. Do you want to download it now?"

Thanks in advance

Don't know if this is the same issue. I thought I had downloaded all sounds but for some reason it hadn't worked and I kept seeing prompts to download sounds. Perhaps I quit Logic during download or something, I'm not sure.
Anyway, I solved it by going to Logic Pro X > Sound Library > Download All Available Sounds.
I left Logic open for a couple of hours and no longer see the prompts.

Upvote 0
Don't know if this is the same issue. I thought I had downloaded all sounds but for some reason it hadn't worked and I kept seeing prompts to download sounds. Perhaps I quit Logic during download or something, I'm not sure.
Anyway, I solved it by going to Logic Pro X > Sound Library > Download All Available Sounds.
I left Logic open for a couple of hours and no longer see the prompts.
It would've been my last resort but I think I will have to go through the re-download again. As you can see from the dialogue box it says a particular app is trying to install ... but when I search for the app it's not there. Meaning it either got lost in the process or something else. Either way it is the thing that is causing this loop. Thanks for your help.

Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 5.01.55 pm.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What happened after you entered your password? Did that solve this issue? If not, can you post some system details? Have you enough free space? The complete Logic sound library - samples, loops etc. is quite large.

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
What happened after you entered your password? Did that solve this issue? If not, can you post some system details? Have you enough free space? The complete Logic sound library - samples, loops etc. is quite large.

kind regards

Mark
Mark,

it just takes a minute and says that the content has been installed. With regards to the content I have already downloaded everything there is to download. The Library manager shows all installed, so downloading again would just replace everything. And because it was an upgrade the 10.5 downloads would have been supplemental. Adding to the existing pre upgrade content. re system details, Mojave, iMac retina, 32gb ram 2TB HD

Upvote 0
Back