digital glitching & beachball w older Logic projects & MHLink 3d

grifftone

Logician
I run LogicX on a 2018 mac mini. When I open my older Logic projects created on my 2017 MacBookPro, the old Logic projects hang up w beachball, and when they do eventually play, there's horrible digital hash. This bug also hashes iTunes audio output as well. Temporary fix to digital hash is by resetting either OSX AudioMidi utility sample rate or toggling MIO Console's I/O setting. I'm running Burl B2 Bomber ADC as master clock 96k to MHLink 3d beta 7. Newly created LogicX projects don't create this issue. Any insight would be most appreciated.

A process of elimination might be the way to go here:

Which version of Logic were you using on your 2017 Mac?
Were you using an older logic template or standard project to create the projects that are causing problems?
You say that newly created projects don't cause any issues - does that rule out that your audio hardware could be contributing to the problem?
AFAIK there have been a number of public betas of MH 3d. Did this start ofter installing PB7?
Have you tried importing from one of your older projects into a fresh one on your new Mac?

Just a few ideas as to how you might start looking for a solution, although you may have found the cause in older projects.....

kind regards

Mark

Thanks for your quick and thoughtful reply, Mark. My old MacBook currently shows Logic 10.4.6, but older projects were very likely done on earlier versions. I can't recall how I setup templates, etc on most older projects. I also contacted Metric Halo support today re this issue. I did not open any Logic projects until after upgrading to MH pb7. I've not tried importing older projects into fresh ones. I wasn't aware of this procedure until now.

Yes, import might be worth trying out. File->Import->logic projects and take it from there. Before attempting to use this, be aware that it is quite a powerful function with a lot of options, you will need to spend some time experimenting with it, it's not something you can learn everything about in 5 minutes.....

Back