Logic Pro 9 Do you know the answer?

blakecamden

Logician
I just had a quick question about my output track in Logic.

In some projects I am able to insert plug-ins and use sends on my output track, but on other projects there are no inserts on the track and the section is just blank

Any help appreciated

Sure you mean the output channelstrip? There is also a "Master" channelstrip which has no inserts and controls the overall output level.

Upvote 0
Yes I do mean the output channelstrip, on some projects there are no inserts on the output channelstrip, they just seem to disappear, but then they show up on the master channelstrip on these projects

Upvote 0
I attached a photo of the problem

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-01-12 at 12.00.05 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-01-12 at 12.00.05 PM.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 194
Upvote 0
Did you check what I mentioned though?

In the inspector, is the "show inserts" box ticked?

Attachments

• showinserts.jpg
    showinserts.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 159
Upvote 0
Well when I right click on the inspector the show inserts line is ticked

I cant seem to find the same window that you have displayed in your screenshot

Upvote 0
Well when I right click on the inspector the show inserts line is ticked

I cant seem to find the same window that you have displayed in your screenshot

That window is the inspector, so if you can't see it how do you right click on it? I'm confused now.

Does this help:

showinserts1.jpg
showinserts2.jpg

Upvote 0
Ah, I was talking about the inspector in the environment.

In the mixer, it's different. Your first screenshot shows the mixer below the arrange, in this case select the output in the mixer as you have done there, and check that "show inserts" is ticked under the view menu of that mixer window.

Upvote 0
its because audio channel 15 is in surround mode. change it back to stereo and the inserts will appear again.

( and any other audio channels in surround)

Upvote 0
Yep, it's because of the surround track... Logic Presets.. the worst idea EVER! If they could only have NOT done this freaking surround thing on factory presets. Who ever came up with this one needs a new brain ;-)

Upvote 0
Back