Logic Pro (X) Double loop installation

MuZik4All

Hi all. I've just upgraded my Mac Book Air to Big Sur and version 10.6.1. Used this product for a long time and like it. I'm currently installing all the instrument packs from the sound library and scrolling through the loops to discover new stuff. I notice a large number of duplications throughout the collection. I've included just two examples but there are many many others. Natural Drum Kit 01 and the subsequent group are listed twice. The same with Orchestral Strings.
  • Natural Drum Kit 01
  • Natural Drum Kit 01
  • Natural Drum Kit 02
  • Natural Drum Kit 02
  • Natural Drum Kit 03
  • Natural Drum Kit 03
The double listing will stop at some point but with the very large number of duplicates throughout the collection, are these secondary entries taking up memory?
In some cases the loop is the same, in fewer cases there's a label but no content.

If these extra listings are taking up space, can I delete them? If so I imagine I would have to go find them in the sub directories of the Logic Application.

Thanks in advance

Try to reindex your apple loops to see if that resolves the issue: In the Loop Pack pop-up, at the top of the Loops browser, you'll find the Reindex All Loops at the bottom of the list.

Upvote 0
Back