Logic Pro (X) Dropout issue

Pantonality

Logician
Hi All,

I have a 2010 Mac Pro with 32 GB of RAM and a bunch of drives running Logix 10.4.4. My problem is a vocal track with one little drop out in it. What's odd is I can see the waveform and it's all there. I'm using Melodyne and for a moment I thought that was the problem, but it's not. I transferred the audio in again and the dropout is before any plugins. Don't tell me to use Melodyne ARA because that's never saved its data effectively for me and I've already edited the track in the regular Melodyne. I've checked the volume automation for both the track and the region, it's not there. Any ideas of something that might have gotten automated by accident to cut off this one word in a vocal track?

My first thought would be to force Melodyne to rescan that section of the vocal again, because I know that in the past I've accidentally deleted a 'blob' from my Melodyne track with the effect of silencing that syllable from the output. Then I would open the raw audio file in another app, like Audacity or even Quicktime just to confirm that the waveform wasn't fooling me into thinking there is not a problem with the source file. If that satisfied me that Logic was causing the problem, I would then import the same audio track into the project on a different track, and see if I can 'fly' the missing word in from the new track, after which I would have to make Melodyne rescan it to replace the damaged piece with the new piece.

Upvote 0
The problem was in the vocal for the chorus. I was able to copy a later take into the problem spot. Almost had myself fooled but then remembered that I would have to transfer the new audio into Melodyne and edit it. After that problem solved!! I should have known how to do all that, but wasn't thinking clearly what my options were. Your input helped greatly, thanks again!

Upvote 0
Melodyne is an amazing piece of software, but it does force you to stay on top of your editing game. (I also had problems with ARA 'losing' edits I had made, but I found that it was worth re-doing the edits because it 'remembered' them the second time I did them) Glad I could help!

Upvote 0
Back