Logic Pro (X) Drummer - 1 instance only?

LMPaule

Logician
I just tried to add a 2nd track of Drummer. Only one instance allowed. Too bad. I wanted to try some options without losing the original. The workaround I came up with is to pull the original into a new track as a midi file. I am sure there is a cleaverer way, but, this worked in a pinch.

Eli and Doug, looking forward to your videos.

When you say you wanted to try some options without losing the original, remember that aside from the actual kit, player, genre/playing style, the settings are all pretty much region based. And you can edit regions in the Drummer track similarly to regular region editing in the Tracks Area.

So, you could just split and copy (option drag) the region you want to preserve, directly on the Drummer Track, and experiment on either the original region or the copy while leaving the other intact.

Upvote 0
Eli,

Understood. It is all of the limits that you mentioned that drove my concern. After picking, say, player A, and reasonably liking it, it would be nice to pick player B and hear what he/she sounds like. Don't get me wrong, I do not view this as any kind of a showstopper. It would just be nice to load more than one instance of Drummer and experiment a bit.

Larry

Upvote 0
Remember that you can save your Drummer settings as Presets, too. So you can save your settings, then experiment, and return to your original Drummer via selecting the presets.

Orren

Upvote 0
Also, I haven't tried this yet myself, but apparently you can change Drummers without changing patches or region settings. This is from the manual:

Choose a drummer without changing the current patch
Hold down Option while choosing a drummer.

Choose a drummer without changing region settings on the track
Choose Keep settings when changing drummers from the Action pop-up menu in the presets area.

Upvote 0
Back