Logic Pro 9 Editing Multiple Tempo Events?

mk3

Logician
Hello -

I am trying to edit the Global Tempo track, in that I would like to be able to move multiple tempo events up/down all at once.

It's easy enough to select the multiple notes with the mouse. One can then move the group horizontally. However, any attempt to move the group vertically - that is, to scale the tempo of multiple events, or of an entire section or project - fails. Only the event directly under the mouse pointer moves.

How does one scale multiple events?

Thank you for any advice.

mk3

I've done this in the list /tempo window by selecting ALL then incrementing one of the tempo events - they will all then move by the same value. But be clear - this isn't scaling, it's more like trimming.

peter

Upvote 0
I've done this in the list /tempo window by selecting ALL then incrementing one of the tempo events - they will all then move by the same value. But be clear - this isn't scaling, it's more like trimming.

peter

Thank you for the suggestion. I will try this out. Still would prefer to be able to do such an edit directly in the tempo global track...

You are correct: It's trimming, not scaling.

Cheers,
mk3

Upvote 0
Try command clicking in the track header - that selects all the nodes and you can edit thusly.

Use the shift key to select group of nodes you want to edit, including non-contiguous ones

Upvote 0
Back