Logic Pro (X) El Capitan.... Anyone Yet?

HKC

Logician
Hi there
Has anybody installed El Capitan yet.
I am very tempted because I'm about to start a new rather long running project.

All the Best
HKC

And I'd say that if you're only using Melodyne then it's working perfectly here. Native is also fine but I don't know about Ozone, I don't use that.
I been working quite a bit over the last week or so and haven't had a single problem. Last night I remixed a huge projects made in another studio and had absolutely no problems whatsoever.
Of course the setups vary (soundcards etc) and it's impossible to rule out that you won't have any bad experiences nut as far as I'm concerned there are no problems at all.

HKC

Upvote 0
Hei, hei!

I am working on OS 10.6.8 and Logic Pro 9 with little issue, but have decided it is time to upgrade to make all my devices & programs compatible, and I'm getting ready to start a long term recording project - so thought this to be a good moment to upgrade. I wanted to go with Yosemite but missed my opportunity. Now Apple says I can't have it - only El Capitan - or older programs they could give me code for but ones that are not compatible with Logic Pro X (of course).

SO.... I want to know if El Capitan & Logic X are working together. I am on an iMac i5 (2010) with an EIE Pro Interface, PRO MPA II, and at this time the only plugin I'm using is Melodyne. (very simple system) I plan on purchasing Ozone & Native Instruments in the near future.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Nervous,
Bambi Wolf

It's fine here with my 2012 iMac i7.

Upvote 0
Hi

I have, perhaps rather foolishly, upgraded to El Capitan.

Logic Pro X works just fine (although I have been having a weird issue with midi even before upgrading - see separate post). But what I would warn you about is the possible lack of compatibility with some of your other gear. I use an Alesis Multimix12 Firewire mixer. There is currently no support of El Capitan on this and several other Alesis firewire or USB products at the moment. They are working on it apparently. Consequently I would be without a functioning mixer had I not bought a new Yamaha AG06 mixer which I needed for live gigs, and fortunately does work with El Capitan over USB (even though Yamaha says it doesn't yet).

Personally I wouldn't upgrade yet if I were you. I haven't noticed any difference in performance on my iMac. And when you do upgrade I suggest you check out all the sites for your outboard gear first!

Best

Alan

Upvote 0
As usual, people need to do their homework before an OS upgrade. You can be damned sure that before I did so, I ascertained that both my audio and MIDOI interfaces would work with it.

But on my late 2012 iMac i7, El Capitan is definitely snappier than Yosemite.

Upvote 0
El Capitan and LPX 10.2 working fine on my 2010 i5 MBP.

My main music system, the 2012 Mini, is running Yosemite. No upgrade to OSX 10.11 unitl I'm sure all other applications are compatible.

Upvote 0
For those who have dared: Are there indeed significant performance improvements with Logic, especially when running a large quantity of virtual instruments like Play and Kontakt, after the upgrade to El Capitan Crunch?

Upvote 0
I finally updated my main studio machine today. I have 3 other machines that had it already - 2 just slow old general computing machines and all is well with them but the third a 4 core Mac mini which is my mainstage live machine which I can report has been fine for that including MOST plugins.

My main studio machine update has logic X.2, a 12 core UAD With most plugins, Sonalksis, Waves, Soundtoys, Ivory, Camel Audio, NI Kontact, Izotope RX4. The only one to not pass validation was Izotope RX. A quick trip to their website confirms they are having problems with a timeline promise of end of November to be fixed.

I ran a logic rock recording finished mix with mostly UAD plugins and it work perfectly.

Other than the software my RME UFX, totalmix fx and digicheck were fine as was Unitor 8 USB, network midi and OSC from an iPhone and iPad running lemur and touchOSC. Also midi drivers from a Korg Padkontrol, novation remote SL mk2 and Roland rd64 all worked as before which was well.

Kind regards

Upvote 0
I updated my laptop. A lot of AUs failed validation but passed on a second attempt. No other audio apps failed any AUs. The system was unable to restart after this update, and I had to reinstall OS X from the recovery partition. Don't know if this was related to the OS update, but I'm leery of updating my main audio setup after that.

Upvote 0
Back