Logic Pro (X) Export Audio to Movie

Jay Denson

Logician
I have a problem exporting audio to movie. Sometimes the bounced dialog track has an added delay - about 50 ms. This is not a sync problem - this is a distinct echo.

My workaround is to quit LPX and re-open it. Then re-bounce - this usually cures it.

Anyone have the same problem? Or even a fix?

TIA Jay

Hi Jay,

Is it possible you are duplicating the dialogue that may already be embedded on the video?

Are you aware that when exporting audio to a movie you have the option of selecting (including) the imbedded audio or de-selecting it (excluding it) from being included in the mix.

Attachments

• Unselected - excluded.png
    Unselected - excluded.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 257
  • Selected - included.png
    Selected - included.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 252
Upvote 0
I had experienced this as well.

Just in case, if you have imported the voice over on to a separate track in Logic, make sure that you have muted the movie's audio.

Upvote 0
Hi Eli

When I imported the movie the dialog track appeared separately below the movie track.

I also had separate D and E tracks supplied with the project. I made sure these tracks were perfectly aligned with the dialogue track which appeared with the clip. Before I bounced I deleted rather than muted the latter track.

The problem doesn't seem to be one of dual versions of the dialog in the bounce because, as I mentioned, after quitting and re-launching LPX the next bounce worked fine. Feels a bit like a bug in the program but I will check out the procedure a few more times and see if I can replicate it. It has happened 3 or 4 times.

Thanks meantime. Pity about the You Tube blocking - it was only 5 mins after all.

Jay

Upvote 0
Seems I was doing this so solved part of my problem (delay) but I'm still personally having an issue with audio edits from audio extracted from a movie, having a bit of garble and distortion.

Upvote 0
Works fine here, just did a bunch of cues this way. Make sure you uncheck the checkbox for the embedded audio if you have extracted it to a Logic Pro track.

Upvote 0
Works fine here, just did a bunch of cues this way. Make sure you uncheck the checkbox for the embedded audio if you have extracted it to a Logic Pro track.

You are referring to the pop up when you export to the movie? That did solve the delay issue for me but I am still having a garble/sort of distortion in parts of hte exported audio on playback from the movie. I had made several edits including some crossfades. Somehow I think it isn't mixing in the crossfades correctly but plays back fine in Logic.

Mike

Upvote 0
... but I am still having a garble/sort of distortion in parts of hte exported audio on playback from the movie. I had made several edits

Did you have the"sort of distortion" already before you did the edits. Once you have imported the audio track from the video it lives in Logic as an Audio Region referring to that imported audio file. Any issues with the Audio Region due to edits shouldn't be related to the video functionality.
Ot are you saying you only hear the distorting after the export and not when listening in the Project?

Upvote 0
I discarded the logic pro edit. No matter what I did the same thing happened. The distortion wasn't in the audio and it wasn't in the playback in logic until exporting it to the movie. I had done some video captures. Some were with built in audio, and some were with a line in. Somehow I think I ended up with a mish mash of 44.1/48.1 files etc. That's the only thing I can think of that Logic was somehow having an issue with conversions and varying bit rates. Wild guess. I used Peak to do it with no issue.

Mike

Upvote 0
Interesting. Good you found a solution. I was going to suggest doing a BIP of your audio and then exporting - perhaps that would have solved the problem.

Upvote 0
Back