• Welcome to Logic Users Group V2.0.4

We have a few new features and changes See here

Logic Pro 8 Exporting Tempo Map & Time Signatures

I have not been able to export my tempo and time signature data from Logic Pro into Pro Tools. I need to have my bars and beats line up in Pro Tools corresponding to where they are in Logic Pro for an upcoming recording session.

I have tried exporting a MIDI file containing my piano track from Logic to Pro-Tools. But when Pro-Tools imports it, there is not any tempo data or time signature changes in the file.

Anybody have some solutions?

Thanks!
Dan

Thanks for your reply, David51. What's an OMS file? I know there are OMF files that can be used to export audio data into ProTools, but it is for audio only.

Would you mind clarifying?

Thanks,
Dan

I answered this on Logic Pro Help.

IMHO, folks, it is wise to post this kind of question on only 1 forum and wait a little to see if you get a response before posting it on another.

Thank you Mr. Asher, wise advice. I only just discovered that there had been a shift from MIDI to XML and I only have Logic EXpress 8 so I had never seen the OMS format before, thanks, now I know OMS has to do with audio only-but I will read up on it so as not to give posters a bad answer. dh-I don't know exactly what an OMS file is for-it may very well also be useful for audio in Logic. As Jay Asher pointed out posting on one forum and waiting usually brings relief sooner.