Logic Pro 9 External MIDI environments

djstyles

Logician
Hello there, I recently lost some of my data (nightmare) mainly recent projects, templates and environments. Has anybody got any the external MIDI environments which have the patches names for the

1. Nord Lead 2
2. Roland JP8080
3. Novation Supernova II
4. Waldorf Pulse

Would be much appreciated, I remember downloading a .zip full of them off here a while ago thanks Paul

hey paul sorry i cant help you but maybe you can help me i have waldorf blofeld and cant get it to work as a external midi through logic, any ideas would love to hear back from you
regards james

Upvote 0
Hey, yeah I watched all they videos last night and followed everything he said and I couldn't get it to work. It was driving me mad. Any tips or that you've got I'm all ears.
Regards James.

Upvote 0
hmmm. what is actually chapping? when you play MIDI notes is it showing up on your synth as receving MIDI information? You have got the synth set up right?

Example:

Audio Out 1+2 from your synth going into Input 1+2 of your audio interface.

MIDI out of your synth going into MIDI input of your audio interface.

MIDI in of your synth recieving its signal from MIDI output of your audio interface.

Make sure your audio and MIDI settings are correct in Utilities on the MACHD.

Make sure your synth is on a patch not demo song etc.

Apart from that I do not understand why it would not play if you followed them videos to a T, possibly changed the leads get back to me if still no luck and il have anther think.

Upvote 0
hmmm. what is actually chapping? when you play MIDI notes is it showing up on your synth as receving MIDI information? You have got the synth set up right?

Example:

Audio Out 1+2 from your synth going into Input 1+2 of your audio interface.

MIDI out of your synth going into MIDI input of your audio interface.

MIDI in of your synth recieving its signal from MIDI output of your audio interface.

Make sure your audio and MIDI settings are correct in Utilities on the MACHD.

Make sure your synth is on a patch not demo song etc.

Apart from that I do not understand why it would not play if you followed them videos to a T, possibly changed the leads get back to me if still no luck and il have anther think.
hi there i have audio 1&2 from my synth going to my input on my audio interface
and i just have a usb going from my synth to my mac,
when i play the keys when i have it on external midi i see key changes on logic just no sound, do you think i need midi from my synth to midi on my audio interface?
cheers for your time james

Upvote 0
Have you set up an auxiliary channel with the input set to 1+2 (that's if your synth is routed to input one and two on your interface).

You need MIDI out from your synth going into the MIDI in of your interface and MIDI in coming from MIDI out of your interface, it sounds like you already have MIDI set up correctly though.

Try setting the aux up and that should slove your problems.

Upvote 0
Go into your mixer go on the 'options' tab chose 'create new auxiliary channel strip' on the input of that channel strip chose input 1 and 2.

Upvote 0
yeah done that mate and still no joy feel like im going to crack up,

do you think if i get the midi in and out instead of the usb cable it will work?

thanks again james

Upvote 0
Back