Logic Pro 9 External midi instrument stuck notes

Hi

I hope someone can help me this annoying problem. I have an old sequential circuits 6 trak and I'm using an maudio firewire 410 soundcard with built in midi with logic 9. I am getting severe stuck notes when I play the sequential circuits via midi in logic 9. I have tried to filter what info is sent to it but nothing seems to work. I know it isn't the sequential circuits synth because I have been using it on an older system with no problems at all. Could it be the sound card? or Logic 9? I was previously using the midi ports from an maudio delta 1010 with a very old version of logic in OS9 with no problems at all.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Uncontrollableman

I do not have an answer for you problem (so I will answer,) But I did have a quite similar problem with older equipment and hung MIDI. My setup was vintage Roland JV1000 - TC electronics Konnect 24D with built-in MIDI - and Logic 9. I did a run-through, engaging one part at the time to isolate the problem. My interface also runs as a stand-alone unit so it could cause a loop-back on top of Logic. I disconnected the MIDI-in cable to break loops, used another MIDI software instead of Logic, did a reset of instrument to default etc. I did get rid of the hung notes and it works fine. The problem is that I do not know which one of my actions that did the trick.. but it did. So the JV1000 can look forward to another 15 years of good use.

Upvote 0
Hi Ming

That is great Thank you for your answer. I did the same thing as you. My problem is definitely my firewire 410 midi interface. I think the company that make it haven't updated the drivers for it for a while. I'm going to seek help from someone with a similar set up to me and probably get a new midi interface. Thanks again for your help.

Upvote 0
Back