Logic Pro 9 Finding tempo of live track

beatattitude

Logician
I've recorded a track with a live band, and the tempo fluctuates a bit with the band. I'd like to figure out how I can set the tempo in logic to follow the tempo of the track, with all its minor changes.

I've recorded a manual click track (tapping the 1/4 beat along with the recording) and I'd like to be able to get the track subdivided into bars and beats, so that it's easier to sync e.g. new midi percussion overdubs.

I'm aware that I'll have to ensure all the parts are single contiguous audio files (otherwise tempo changes will mess up the arrange window, I'd imagine)

Can anyone advise me how to do this?

Beat mapping is what you are looking for. And if you've already got accurate quarter notes tapped out, you're more than half way there. Read up on using the "beats from regions" beat mapping function.

Basically, make sure your first tap lines up with bar 1 1 1 1 and your audio files are trimmed so that the downbeat happens at that exact same position, select your guide track region, and click "beats from regions".

That's the short answer. The long asnwer is, read up on it in the manual, Because it usually isn't quite this simple, even though it is supposed to be :D

Attachments

• Beat Mapping.png
    Beat Mapping.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 152
Upvote 0
Back