Logic Pro 9 Flex Editing Abuse!

Hey Eli,

Question: I've done a complex chop-edit on a vocal track (non-flex)--is it possible to copy the edits to another, unedited vocal? I watched again, thinking that's what you did, but it's kind of the opposite (deleting where the edits were).

Thanks,

Jimmy

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if this will work; but you can try it. Make sure to back up all the files invovled first though.

* Close your Logic project

* Delete the original file (from the Finder).

* Rename the new file with the exact same name as the old one.

* Re-open your Logic project.

* Logic should reference the new file now, with all of your edits intact in the Arrange Window.

* You _may_ need to go to the Audio Bin and use the "update file information" command under the AudioFile menu.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if this will work; but you can try it. Make sure to back up all the files invovled first though.

* Close your Logic project

* Delete the original file (from the Finder).

* Rename the new file with the exact same name as the old one.

* Re-open your Logic project.

* Logic should reference the new file now, with all of your edits intact in the Arrange Window.

* You _may_ need to go to the Audio Bin and use the "update file information" command under the AudioFile menu.

Thanks! I'll try that--great idea.

Upvote 0
Thanks Eli,

That video was fun and informative!

I ordered your Flex Time Explained video from Groove3 which is a masterful presentation of the topic. Each chapter covers just enough to be digestible. Your end of chapter recap really reinforces the content. :D

Upvote 0
Back