Flexi Freeze

monobass

Logician
Say you have an audio track with 5 inserts, currently when you hit freeze it renders out the audio after insert #5.

It would be great if you could choose the level of your freeze by specifying the insert no and then any inserts after that stay live and applied to the new freeze file.

i.e. in the 5 insert example you choose to freeze after insert 3, the freeze is made with inserts 1,2 and 3. However inserts 4&5 stay live. It's kind of like a non-destructive bounce in place function.

That would be cool indeed. My work around this is to use the freeze function normally after changing the channel's output to an aux bus channel, then CMD-mouse-dragging the inserts (that I don't want frozen) to the bus. This accomplishes exactly the same thing as your goal, just not as slick. Then, if you need to use any sends, you use them on the bus channel, not on the original.

yeah I did think of that... but what about plugin automation? Is it simple to copy that over to the aux channel in L8 or 9?

Good point, that is a bit of a hassle. Basically, it's Shift+Click+Select (you may also have to Shift+click on any areas of automation that didn't get selected in your selection drag), then copy and paste each automation one at a time. You do this after your plugins have been moved and their automation activated, so when you paste you are pasting into the correct automation layer.

Good point, that is a bit of a hassle. Basically, it's Shift+Click+Select (you may also have to Shift+click on any areas of automation that didn't get selected in your selection drag), then copy and paste each automation one at a time. You do this after your plugins have been moved and their automation activated, so when you paste you are pasting into the correct automation layer.

Couple of quick little automation select shortcuts that may be of interest:

option click in an automation lane selects all following automation nodes

option double click in an automation lane selects all nodes

Back